21st Century Literature from the Philippines and the World - Subject Reflection


   

                          Studying Literature is important. It depicts the country as a living language and it incorporates real-life circumstances into the featured literary works, drawing on the youth's personal experiences and many others. 

             I remember when I was in grade 4, I became interested in the field of writing. I started to write short stories and my teachers liked it. Since then, I have been participating in contests and attending press conferences like Campus Journalism. Here, I learned how to make editorial cartoons, write news stories, and feature some things.

           I began to hone my skills, and I also loved reading various works from the Philippines and other countries. Additionally, by writing, I am able to express my emotions. That's why when I found out that we have a subject 21st Century Literature from the Philippines and the World, I was very glad. For a long time I waited for the opportunity to return to my old hobby, finally. 

         In this subject, I have learned so much more than I expected. From the history, identifying text from the regions, conventional and 21st literary genres, appreciating the elements and contexts of it, adaptation of a text into other creative forms using multimedia, elements of short story, writing close analysis and critical interpretation of literary texts applying reading approach, creative literary adaptations to flash fiction and story plot.    

          I admit that this subject is not easy for me because it has tested my ability. But despite this, I have honed my skills too much. It’s fun to think that I’ve learned so much and as a result, I’ve been able to unleash my other talents. I tried to do something new like making a digital picture, editing, combining ideas, and much more.

          Teaching this kind of subject is a big help to maintain and not break the passion for Philippine literature and world. We would not have learned all this without our teacher who is very good and very hardworking. It is a way to pass on our culture to the new generation. As a grade 12 Filipino learner, I can show a sense of adaptability to the diverse Philippines Literary history. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIGITAL PICTURE STORY OF "JAKE" by Jim Bartlett

Home of the Ashfall- Reflection